There’s a chill in the air. Fireplaces are starting to crackle. Leaves are turning amber — and piling up on your lawn. Ditch the rake for the afternoon and go apple picking. Or choose one of these other fun family activities to celebrate the fall season:
1. Get lost in a corn maze
2. Brave a hayride
3. Visit a pumpkin patch, then make jack-o-lanterns
4. Pack a picnic and tour the fall foliage
5. Play a game of touch football
6. Jump in a pile of leaves
7. Plant bulbs in your garden for next spring
8. Collect pinecones to make a bird feeder, wreath or display them in a glass bowl
9. Bake stuff with apples, pumpkin or squash
10. Make Halloween costumes
11. Go on a nature walk to a new destination
12. Enjoy the pumpkin lattes, scones and muffins at your favorite coffee shop!
Other ideas? Tell us in the comments!
Want more from The Mother List? Sign up here!