There’s a chill in the air. Fireplaces are starting to crackle. Leaves are turning amber — and piling up on your lawn. Ditch the rake for the afternoon and go apple picking. Or choose one of these other fun family activities to celebrate the fall season:
1. Get lost in a corn maze
2. Brave a hayride
3. Visit a pumpkin patch, then make jack-o-lanterns
4. Pack a picnic and tour the fall foliage
5. Play a game of touch football
6. Jump in a pile of leaves
7. Plant bulbs in your garden for next spring
8. Collect pinecones to make a bird feeder, wreath or display them in a glass bowl
9. Bake stuff with apples, pumpkin or squash
10. Make Halloween costumes
11. Go on a nature walk to a new destination
12. Enjoy the pumpkin lattes, scones and muffins at your favorite coffee shop!
Other ideas? Tell us in the comments!