Though they are rare, when a tragedy happens, it helps to be prepared. Sadly, house fires, hurricanes or other natural disasters can wipe out everything you own in a flash. Be prepared, just in case. It’s a good idea to keep back-up copies of the following things, either online or in a safe-deposit box at a bank.
1) Birth certificates for the entire family
2) Wills — yours and other family members you have on file
3) Marriage license
4) Driver’s license and passports
5) Important photos and videos
6) Home and car documentation (titles, lender info., etc.)
7) Health coverage information
Want more great content from The Mother List? Sign up here!