By Vicki Little
Way back in the early days of motherhood, I was expecting a friend to come meet my newborn daughter and toddler son. I glanced around my living room and cringed, knowing she would see the television and glass table covered in fingerprints as well as the dust on the baseboards and furniture. A container of baby wipes caught my eye and I grabbed one and started wiping away. Five minutes later my house was at least presentable! Now, baby wipes are a staple in my daily life. You may be surprised at how many things you can use baby wipes for:
1. Wipe down glass without streaks (yes, without streaks!)
2. They are soft enough to clean tablets, phones, and television screens.
3. A quick refresher when you are camping and showers aren’t available.
4. Keep a small container in your car to wipe off your dashboard while you are waiting in the pick-up line.
5. Great for kids just learning to wipe. Have them do the final wipe with a baby wipe to get anything left over! Just a hint you may want to use the flushable wipes for this.
6. Cleans pencil, crayon, and some markers off many surfaces.
7. Works great as a make-up remover!
8. A quick wipe of ANYTHING-restaurant tables, sticky movie theater seats, dirty swings etc.
9. Cleaning dirty little feet before bedtime (especially in summertime!)
10. Getting deodorant marks off of clothes.
11. Giving those water-fearing cats a gentle cleaning.
12. Wiping dirty faces-better than using your spit and hearing them yell!
13. Cleaning dry erase and chalkboards.
14. Wipe the bathroom sink and counter after getting ready for the day.
15. Get light stains out of clothing or carpet.
Do you have any products you use for a something other than what they are intended for?
Vicki Little is a work-at-home mom with two young kids. A Colorado native, she is the Publisher and Editor of Macaroni Kid Aurora and Downtown Denver. When she isn’t writing or trying to keep up with her kids she can be found volunteering, reading, or enjoying a bottle of wine with friends.
Want more from The Mother List? Sign up here!