Photo courtesy of Cindy at Skip To My Lou
By Vicki Little
Time for the eagerly-awaited (or much-dreaded?) Valentine card-making season to begin! With all of those “cool Pinterest moms” crafting intricately creative cards from scratch, it’s easy to feel like a failure if you slap a cartoon print and some candy into an envelope and call it a V-day. (For those who distribute store-bought Valentines, don’t worry you’re in good company.)
But if your children say they will “just die” if their Valentine’s Day cards are the least creative ones in the class, don’t stress — we have some easy solutions for you. Here are 5 ideas for inexpensive, homemade Valentine’s Day cards:
1. Lollipops — You can turn a lollipop into almost anything. A simple flower, a tissue flower, or a butterfly are great creations for Valentine’s Day.
2. Candy-less — Give an inexpensive pencil, glow band or bouncy ball.
3. Envelope — Put something flat like pop rocks or a bookmark in here. Or just leave a kind message in this re-purposed envelope.
4. Scratch Tickets — You and your kiddo can come up with some cute sayings to put on these scratch cards.
5. Minecraft — This printable Minecraft card is sure to be a hit with the Minecraft crew.
Share your fun and easy Valentine card idea!
Vicki Little is a work-at-home mom with two young kids. A Colorado native, she is the Publisher and Editor of Macaroni Kid Aurora and Downtown Denver. When she isn’t writing or trying to keep up with her kids she can be found volunteering, reading, or enjoying a bottle of wine with friends.
Want more from The Mother List? Sign up here!