There are, of course, EXCEPTIONS to these guidelines. Everyone has, for their own reasons for wanting to keep a few pieces of clothing. A piece for some reason that they just can not get rid of, maybe it is an old blouse you wore on your first date with your husband, or your grandmother’s favorite but ugly bag she left for you, or the old, ratty tee shirt that all your sorority sisters had that you haven worn since, or even your favorite old and comfy jeans that just may fit one day (after a bad bout of mono, etc.).
You are allowed to keep a few of these for your very own reasons. We won’t harass you; we do it too. However, with that out of the way, here are 6 things that you should get out of your closet right now:
1) Things that you know deep down will never fit – size-wise or style wise.
2) If you have not worn it for one year, get rid of it!
3) Items that are seriously over-worn, stained and ratty.
4) Wire hangers – these are meant to be temporary and ruin and stretch clothes. If space allows, get matching wooden hangers or the Slim Grips hangers that save space.
5) If you don’t look great in it, get rid of it. Be honest, does wearing this portray the image you want people to see?
6) Stirrups pants, harem pants, jean overalls, fuzzy Juicy sweatsuits, big jackets with shoulder pads.
There! Don’t you feel better? We do.