By: Vicki Little
On a perfect day, our kids would get themselves ready while we spend as much time as we need to do our hair, take care of our skin, and perfect our make-up. Now wake up — because that will only happen in our dreams. Don’t worry though, it is possible to look like we took our time getting dressed and ready thanks to these 6 time-saving beauty products.
1. All-In-One Toning Cleanser. Save a few minutes and some counter space by trading in your cleanser, make-up remover and toner for an all-in-one that will do everything in one step. One to try: Phytomer Rosee Visage Toning Cleansing Lotion
2. Tinted Moisturizer. You need to moisturize, and you may want a little color to even out your skin tone and leave it glowing and flawless. A tinted moisturizer can help, and it is lighter than a moisturizer and foundation combined. Even better, you will save another minute or two. Try this: Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream
3. Cream Blush. This is a product that everyone should have in their purse and at home. A little goes a long way, and it tends to last much longer than a typical powder blush. Plus, a little swipe on the lips can substitute for lipstick! We love this one for under $10: Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick
4. A Good Mascara. Mascara is a product you don’t want to skimp on! A little mascara with blush is all you need when you are in a rush to get out the door. If you have a good mascara, you won’t even miss the rest of your make-up. My new favorite is Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Mascara
5. A Lasting Concealer. No matter how much or how little make-up you have on, if you have huge dark circles under your eyes you are going to look a bit haggard. Become best friends with a concealer that will last all day and is light enough to cover the most sleepless nights. Ours: Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer
6. Dry Shampoo/Conditioner. Let’s be honest. Some days, there’s just not enough time to wash your hair (or take a shower). On these hectic days, skip the baseball cap and opt for a dry shampoo to soak up the oil and freshen up your hair. Then you can just style and go. Here’s our current go-to: Batiste Dry Shampoo
What is your time-saving beauty secret? Share in the comments below!
Vicki Little is a work-at-home mom with two young kids. A Colorado native, she is the Publisher and Editor of Macaroni Kid Aurora and Downtown Denver. When she isn’t writing or trying to keep up with her kids she can be found volunteering, reading, or enjoying a bottle of wine with friends.
Want more great content from The Mother List? Sign up here!