By Vicki Little
Overnight camp? A quiet and unscheduled weekend? Yes, please! I will attempt to use it for a date night rather than just sleeping…or at least one of the days! Most of these overnight camps also offer courses for parents as well, and even for families together!
Avid4Adventure is centered on outdoor adventure sports in a beautiful Rocky Mountain setting! For kids in grades 1 all the way past high school, campers will make friends, build technical proficiency, gain confidence, and improve their skills in sports such as mountain biking, climbing, kayaking, and canoeing.
- Located at 20973 Wellington Lake Rd. Bailey CO 80421
- Enrollment is open now; there is a 24-hour open cancellation policy
- Price is $1, 025 per week with a $25 registration fee
Camp Como is a Christian-based youth camp that creates the perfect combination of fun and excitement! Kids from grades 1-12 will enjoy activities while deepening their religion.
- Located at 11117 Pine, Como CO 80432-70 miles SW of Denver and 90 miles NW of Colorado Springs
- Enrollment is open now; discounts are available for early bird registration
- Price ranges from $130-$320
Camp Shady Brook offers kids ages 6-16 the opportunity to make new friends, build self-esteem, gain independence, learn responsible decision-making, and have an adventure! There are four main programs with different levels in each.
- Located at 8716 S. Y Camp Rd. Deckers CO 80135-70 minutes NW of Colorado Springs and 90 minutes SW of Denver
- Enrollment is open now; completed paperwork is due two weeks before camp starts (earliest starts June 9th)
- Price depends on tier chosen, ranged from $533-$1, 300
The Women’s Wilderness Institute believes that girls need the opportunities to develop the skills and confidence to positively impact their own lives and of those around them. Girls 8-18 will enjoy rock climbing, ice climbing, mountain biking, and backpacking!
- The location of the camp differs for each course, most are located near Boulder
- Enrollment is open now
- Price ranges on $500-$1, 800 depending on camp chosen
Vicki Little is a work-at-home mom with two young kids. A Colorado native, she is the Publisher and Editor of Macaroni Kid Aurora and Downtown Denver. When she isn’t writing or trying to keep up with her kids or she can be found volunteering, reading, or enjoying a bottle of wine with friends.