By Vicki Little
Dining out has always been a favorite date activity for my husband and me. We both love to try new foods and, while we have our set “must-haves” at certain places, we always like to find something different and give it a whirl. Now that we have young kids, finding time for those romantic date nights is a bit challenging, so it is nice to have Valentine’s Day to remind us to take a night out that is meant for lovers. Here are some of our favorite romantic restaurants:
Vesta Dipping Grill: This award winning restaurant has been a Denver favorite for over 15 years. Offering world grilled cuisine (meat or vegetarian), specialty dipping sauces, wine, cocktails and unbeatable hospitality.
- Located at 1822 Blake St., Denver 80202 (303) 296-1970
Cuba Cuba: Enjoy the unique flavor of authentic Cuban food in a cozy atmosphere at this small oasis in the middle of Denver. Salsa music will delight your ears as you sip on some of the best mojitos in town!
- 1173 Deleware St., Denver 80204 (303) 605-2822
Zengo: As a Latin-Asian fusion concept restaurant, the menu features small plates that showcase unique flavors from each region. The menu changes often and the small plates allow for you to explore many different tastes.
- Located at 1610 Little Raven Street, Riverfront Park, Denver 80202 (720) 904-0965
- Special 4-Course Dinner for Valentine’s Day
Il Posto: This is not your average Italian restaurant. It’s super cute, the menu changes daily, and the food is outstanding.
- 2011 East 17th Avenue, Denver 80206 (303) 394-0100
The Old Stone Church: There is something special about a unique ambiance during a romantic meal and The Old Stone Church is the epitome of that. Literally in an old Catholic Church (including a table in the Confessional), it was renovated in 1975 to become a restaurant offering American cuisine.
- Located at 210 3rd St., Castle Rock (303) 688-9000
- Special Valentine’s Day Menu
McCormick and Schmicks: Perfect for romance and conversation, this is the place to be if you like seafood! The atmosphere is relaxed and the food is elegant without being pretentious. They have 2 Denver locations:
- 8100 E Union Ave., Denver 80237 (720) 200-9339
- 1659 Wazee St., Denver 80202, (303) 825-1107
Del Frisco’s: Definitely the spot for meat lovers, Del Frisco’s has an unbeatable combination of delicious food and impeccable service. For the wine-drinkers they also have an award-winning wine list!
- Located at 8100 E. Orchard Rd., Greenwood Village 80111 (303) 796-0100
- Special Valentine’s Day Menu
Kona Grill: From their mouth-watering sushi to their innovative salads and entrees, Kona Grill is the perfect place to take your date! You can’t miss as their menu includes salads, sandwiches, pasta, and more in addition to the sushi and cocktails.
- Located at 3000 East 1st Ave., Denver 80206 (720) 974-1300
- Special Surf & Turf Feature for Valentine’s Day
What are your favorite restaurants for Date Night?
Vicki Little is a work-at-home mom with two young kids. A Colorado native, she is the Publisher and Editor of Macaroni Kid Aurora and Downtown Denver. When she isn’t writing or trying to keep up with her kids or she can be found volunteering, reading, or enjoying a bottle of wine with friends.
Want more great content from The Mother List? Sign up here!