This is a very helpful video offering an understanding of food allergies and guidance for managing them in the school setting.
The keys to a successful food allergy management plan are:
1) Students with food allergies should have equal access and opportunity to learn.
2) Leadership and teamwork are essential for successfully managing food allergies.
3) Individual health plans should be established for all students with food allergies.
4) The school nurse plays an important role in the development and implementation of a school food allergy management plan.
5) Food allergy awareness and education are essential to prevent reactions and minimize alienation of students with food allergies.
6) Effective implementation of food allergy management strategies can reduce the risks of allergic reactions.
7) Bullying, teasing, or harassing students with food allergies should not be tolerated.
8) Food allergy management approaches should reflect the culture and socio-economic characteristics of the school community.
9) Food allergy management strategies should be age-appropriate.
10) Successful management of food allergies will have a positive impact on the school community.
Want more from The Mother List? Sign up here!