By: Vicki Little
There is something so refreshing about a light salad in the summer. It’s the perfect dinner when it is hot outside, and the leftovers can be delicious to pack in a picnic lunch the next day. One of the best places to find new recipes is Pinterest, and that is exactly where we found these 7 must-try summer salads.
1) Avocado Strawberry Spinach Salad — Spinach, strawberries, avocados, Gorgonzola or bleu cheese, almonds and red onions tossed in a homemade poppy-seed vinaigrette.
2) Balsamic Green Bean Salad — Green beans, cherry tomatoes, red onions and feta cheese with a homemade balsamic dressing.
3) Cherry Walnut Chicken Salad — Chicken Breasts, dried cherries, baby spinach, walnuts, and Gorgonzola cheese topped with olive oil and red wine vinaigrette.
4) Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad — Bite-sized chicken, noodles, tomatoes and olives drizzled in a light pesto sauce.
5) Fruit and Spinach Salad — Pears, spinach, apples, poppy seeds and pumpkin seeds topped with a homemade strawberry vinaigrette.
6) Summer Sunshine Salad — Lettuce, strawberries, blueberries and avocado drizzled with a light Italian dressing.
7) Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad — Bowtie pasta, broccoli, red onion, tomatoes, squash, and roasted red peppers tossed with a homemade Italian dressing.
Vicki Little is a work-at-home mom with two young kids. A Colorado native, she is the Publisher and Editor of Macaroni Kid Aurora and Downtown Denver. When she isn’t writing or trying to keep up with her kids she can be found volunteering, reading, or enjoying a bottle of wine with friends.
Want more great content from The Mother List? Sign up here!