By Vicki Little
The online community, powered by blogs, articles, and Pinterest, has certainly made us up our game when it comes to planning Halloween. There is no excuse to not have bigger and better costumes, treats, decorations and parties. While I happen to be perfecting the art of the “Pinterest-fail, ” I still enjoy spending time gathering ideas for the ideal party that would score me a couple of Mommy Awards. These pins below would go to waste on me, but maybe you can throw the perfect Pinterest-inspired Halloween party with our best finds!
- Ghosts and Pumpkins — Nothing scary when they are made out of bananas, tangerines and celery!
- Witches Broomsticks — Little pretzels and cheese that are sure to please.
- Witch Hat Cupcakes — We needed a little sugar in the list, and these are super cute.
- Devilish Eggs — Pumpkins, spiders and eyeballs – these eggs aren’t for Easter!
- Candy Corn Punch — A typical punch with a Halloween twist.
- Ghostly Squirt Game — It is like a miniature carnival game, and it needs to be played outside.
- Slurpin’ For Worms — Bobbing for apples is out, slurpin’ is in!
- Balloon Catch — So super simple. Imagine the kids as bumper cars trying to catch balloons on a tiny cup!
- Pumpkin Bowling — Spare toilet paper and a pumpkin, and you are bowling.
- Mystery Boxes — An old favorite, this game is still around because it is simply awesome.
- Ghost, Goblins, and Pumpkin Window Clings — Some glue, googly eyes and food coloring makes this simple and fun.
- Egg Carton Bat and Spiders — Since you made the deviled eggs, you have empty cartons, so this will be perfect.
- Monster Cups — Kids like choices, googly eyes and paint. Done.
- Paper Cone Witch — All you need is construction paper and goggly eyes. (Wow, those are popular this time of year.)
Did we miss something? Let us know your favorite Halloween pin!
Vicki Little is a work-at-home mom with two young kids. A Colorado native, she is the Publisher and Editor of Macaroni Kid Aurora and Downtown Denver. In her free time, she enjoys volunteering, reading, camping, or enjoying a bottle of wine with friends.
Want more great content from The Mother List? Sign up here!