By Vicki Little
Very few, if any, parents will say they have enough hours each day to get everything done. And what makes it worse is all the valuable time wasted — just waiting. It could be waiting for school to start or to get out. It could be waiting for the doctor, waiting in line, waiting for ballet class to end, waiting for your kid to catch up. So much… waiting. One key to becoming more productive is finding ways to multi-task while you wait. The pick-up line at school is the perfect spot to get many items crossed off your to-do list, and maybe some items from your “want-to” list, too. Even if you walk home with your kids, you can cross some items off while you wait for dismissal. Keep this list handy because chances are, you will need it.
1. Make some phone calls: business, personal, whatever.
2. Balance your checkbook.
3. Complete your monthly meal-planning.
4. Clean up your car.
5. Finally finish that book you started three years ago.
6. Clip coupons.
7. Plan your next vacation.
8. Catch up with a friend.
9. Pay your bills.
10. Check your emails.
11. Make your to-do list for the week.
12. Go through the weekly sale ads.
13. Make appointments.
14. Give yourself a manicure.
15. Plan your holiday shopping list.
16. Get caught up on the news
17. Play all the games on your phone that you want — without having to share.
18. Write out lunchbox jokes to avoid having to come up with something witty in the mornings.
19. Get caught up on TV shows. Isn’t technology great?
20. Take a brief cat nap — maybe even get there early for an extra-long nap!
What is your favorite thing to do in the pickup line?
Vicki Little is a work-at-home mom with two young kids. A Colorado native, she is the Publisher and Editor of Macaroni Kid Aurora and Downtown Denver. In her free time, she enjoys volunteering, reading, camping, or enjoying a bottle of wine with friends.
Want more great content from The Mother List? Sign up here!